Educational Doulas are mentors who work directly with students to develop and implement specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely educational life plans. This volunteer opportunity is a 12-month commitment for 1 hour a week. Training will be provided.
- Assist young parents with gathering information about educational & financial opportunities, housing, daycare and community resources necessary for young parents to continue their post-high school education.
- Must maintain confidentiality with all client, staff and agency information.
- Communicate with a therapist & case manager on the progress of their student regarding goals towards career and college readiness.
- Must maintain consistent communication with agency and client.
- Applicants should understand the college admissions process.
- Basic computer skills, and tutoring skills in math and/or writing are a plus.
- Applicants must be willing to advocate for and model appropriate behaviors for self-sufficiency.
- Must be willing to commit to an hour a week for 12 months (Face to Face or Virtual).
- A clear criminal history report and drug screen.
Administrative Volunteers work in our office when needed. They are responsible for basic document creation, filing, and other clerical duties. This volunteer opportunity is time flexible. Possible positions include Zoom Administrator, subject matter expert, podcast production assistant, fundraiser support staff.
- Must maintain confidentiality with all client, staff, and agency information.
- Perform general administrative duties, such as photocopying, printing, filing, preparing, and modifying documents.
- Applicants should have strong computer skills, and experience with social media as a communication
& marketing tool is also beneficial.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- A clear criminal history report and drug screen
Event Volunteers help with every aspect of our events depending on their skillset. Examples include planning, organizing, registration, initial and follow up phone calls, and other duties as assigned.
Highly variable and dependent on role. Possible responsibilities include event planning & coordination, day-of setup and clean up, guest registration, greeting and directing guests, etc.
- Applicants must be 13 years or older. If enrolled in middle school or high school, a teacher or school counselor recommendation is required.
- Clear criminal history report and drug screen.