J.A.M.E.S., INC. provides financial assistance to expecting and parenting adolescent mothers and fathers who desire education beyond high school. We seek to make a positive impact on our recipients by enhancing their ability to conceive and achieve a vision of self-sufficiency for themselves and their children through positive educational achievements.
Scholarship applications become available in early November of each year, with a due date in May.
Students’ applications are screened by the Selection Committee. Semifinalists are then asked to meet with the Directors and awards are made. There are no limitations regarding course of study. Scholars may attend any accredited university of their choice.
James Inc. maintains close contact with each Scholar to ensure acceptable academic performance and to develop a unique partnership aimed at success.
- Documented financial need (a copy of parent’s current tax return or proof of emancipation is required)
- 2.5 GPA or higher on a 4.0 scale
- A well-defined motivation to pursue a higher education
- Maturity essential to a demanding educational experience
- A personal sense of values
- Applications are limited to current high school seniors, who must apply in their senior year.
- Maintain a 3.0 grade point average each semester and maintain full-time enrollment status (12 credit hours)
- Maintain high moral standards
- Submit an official transcript of their grades each semester
- Maintain regular contact with the organization
- Submit a written request for continued scholarship funding each year
The scholarship application is not available right now. Please check back later.