Welcome To Our Organization
Parenthood is one of the most demanding and, yet, rewarding undertakings in life. For many teenage parents having a child can often seem debilitating. Many teen parents think the obstacles of parenthood ruin their chances for education and later achievements in life. J.A.M.E.S.,INC. exists to help teenage parents understand the opportunities as well as the assistance available to them for success in higher education and life.
J.A.M.E.S., INC. provides financial and educational assistance to pregnant and parenting teen mothers who enter institutions of higher learning. We seek to make a positive impact on our recipients by enhancing their ability to imagine and achieve a vision of self-sufficiency for themselves and their children through positive educational achievements.
J.A.M.E.S., INC. provides services to its scholarship recipients and affiliates through the following approaches:
- Assistance with individual development plans for completing high school or degree requirements (i.e. scheduling, time management, goal setting)
- Identification of and acceptance at colleges and universities of choice
- Assistance with identifying local housing opportunities
- Coaching in identifying and interviewing potential daycare
- Assistance with identifying financial resources and completion of time sensitive materials
- Mentoring partnership with current program clients and previous teen mothers who have beat the odds
- Life skills coaching